4.22.2016

I joined the gym.


I haven't posted in a long time, I know. Boo on me. BUT I do have some news - I joined the gym. I am getting to the point with my walking/jogging that I am bored and I don't feel very challenged. I joined a gym to add some variety and also get some muscle (and alone time for once in the day). I am far from fit, but I am trying. I don't want anyone to think that I lace up my shoes everyday and go for a run. I DO lace up my shoes everyday and go for a really, really long walk (1-2 hours) and sprinkle some jogging in there.

In other news, I met with a personal trainer today (first time is free) and he had me do squats. I peed a little bit. Totally gross. #mom #neverthesame

Here is a picture of my walking crew yesterday. We attempted to go early in the morning, but it was a little too cold. I will have to be more prepared next time!


Even more exciting news! I am going to Girls' Camp with my church youth this summer and am in charge of the service project. We will be creating toys to put in SMA care packages through CureSMA. I am working with my sister-in-law to brainstorm some great ideas to motivate the girls and ideas for fun toys for the kids. 

I only have $175 left to raise for my run in September! If you'd like to donate, you can do so here. Just a reminder - this money goes towards funding research and helping families that have children with spinal muscular atrophy. Here's a picture of my cute nephew, Lincoln. 


His birthday is coming up in May! What a great way to honor him by donating to my run! 



No comments:

Post a Comment