5.09.2016

Spin Class

We all know that I joined the gym. I really love it. It helps to counteract all the crap I eat throughout the day. Just kidding - I don't eat that much crap. Just some.


I took a spin class on Saturday. It was rough. First of all, I sat behind the fan. Big mistake. I was ready for a break after 10 minutes in, so I was really wishing that I was in front of the fan. Every time the spin instructor told us to move up a level, I pretended to move the knob on my bike, but I didn't really. When I saw that everyone around me was struggling to push the peddles because their resistance was so high, I pretended it was hard for me, too. I still left drenched in sweat and out of breath. Luckily, there was a 65+ year old woman that totally dominated the whole thing and could probably run circles around me.


Which reminds me. As this is my half marathon blog for the time being, I remember when I "ran" my half marathon in college. My brother and I ran together. He could have finished an hour sooner had he left me on my own, but he stayed by my side. There was this little old lady that was speed walking that would pass us, stop for water and get behind us, and then pass us again. This is part of the reason I decided to speed walk most of this half marathon in September, because I remembered how fast that old lady did it.


In other more important news, today is Lincoln's first birthday! In honor of Lincoln's birthday we had a little celebration tonight for Family Home Evening (sorry the picture is so dark. I'm no Elisse Weinert). My mom put together a really sweet memory book about him, so we read it to Porter. He always laughs at the first page, because there is a big picture of Lincoln smiling. Thank you to all of those who have donated to my run! I reached my goal and am so grateful! I am still going to post about my progress and you can always donate in honor of the sweetest little guy by going to my fundraising page here.




No comments:

Post a Comment