8.13.2013

i've got teaching on the brain.



I found this super sweet green, swivel chair to be my reading chair (the chair I sit in in front of the kids and read to them). Doesn't it rock!? It was also super cheap off Craigslist. I just wish I could bring Ellie to school with me, too.

If you remember the post from right before summer, I was ready to leave my school and start a blissful summer of relaxation! I had big dreams and high hopes. Not that those dreams were dashed, but I am ready to go back.

Yesterday I spent the day in my classroom fixing things up and preparing for the new school year. Driving into the school parking lot, I felt giddy and almost nervous. Really, like you feel when you are a child going back to your school to see whose class you'll be in. Walking into my classroom almost overtook me with emotion (which I was really surprised about). Let's not forget that I am an emotional roller coaster, so nobody should be too surprised. I set my stuff down and got to work.

I redid a wall, hung some paper garland I had made, and updated some other decorations. I rearranged the desks, tucked the projector cords into the weird rubber thing that is supposed to protect the kids from the cords but really just ends up tripping anyone and everyone who ventures over that death trap, visited with my principal, and then I just sat at my desk. I just sat and reminisced about last year and all of the love I felt for each student. I thought of the hours I spend at that desk returning emails, planning lessons, talking with students, and thinking about my students. I am so excited for another school year! If you would have asked the June me, I wouldn't believe you. 

The only problem is, now I can't get off of Pinterest. I've printed every reading quote printable possible and have extended my to do list. Luckily, I have an awesome teacher/designer friend who is putting together a crazy cool graphic for a beautiful Dr. Seuss quote I found… on Pinterest, of course. PS, Katie J is super talented and made me this:


I just sent her the adjectives I wanted and the scriptures to go with them and she created this! Get it? It spells DONNER. It's like our family motto. Totally cool, I know.

Anyways, I am getting really excited to get back to work and working with students again! And I can't wait to use my new chair!



1 comment: