8.10.2013

flowers are food for my soul.


I don't know what it is about flowers and arranging them, but when I am working with flowers, my mind goes somewhere else. I can block out all the stressors and business of my life. They can really brighten up a day, a room, an event like nothing else can. I love them!


A few days ago I went to the flower whole seller warehouse and just stood in awe at all the the awesome flowers that they have and in so many colors! This earth is an incredible place that creates so many beautiful things! I've been really into carnations lately. I feel like their beauty is so underrated. I remember when I was in high school and you could send a friend a Valentine rose or carnation. A carnation was a poor man's rose. I think the carnation is really beautiful when it is bunched with other carnations. They come in so many colors! The carnations in my pictures look like an antique creme. You can spice up a decoration really quickly without spending a lot of money.

Anyways, that's my rant about flowers. I'm really excited as I continue to work with flowers and meet people through working with flowers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment