5.24.2013

8 days and counting.


Oh my goodness! Thank the heavens for my four day weekend. We have 8 school days left (not that anyone is counting) and I am ready for summer! I'm not ready for the heat, but I am ready for a break from my babies. Yesterday I had to write a kid up for foul language. It was yucky. Teaching 5th grade is a crazy thing. They start the year as sweet 4th graders and end the year as crazy 6th graders. Their hormones are all over the place. The girls are suddenly aware of their bodies. The boys are suddenly aware of the girls' bodies. I'm aware that everyone in my room is getting bigger and takes up more space and the walls are slowly closing in around me. 

Really, I love my job. I really do. At this time of year, though, things get crazy. They know the grades don't count anymore, they've already taken their state test, and all they see is "get ready for 6th grade" handouts. We're shoving them out the door, but trying to keep them in for two more weeks. 

In other news, I have four days of R&R from the battle that is teaching elementary school. I plan to do anything and everything I feel like - including passing out after I finish this post. I'm also doing flowers for a bridal shower tomorrow. Super excited.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment