6.19.2014

it's all about the benjamins.


I knew I wanted to completely revamp my classroom, but the problem is that I'm broke as a joke! Not really. My husband and I do fine given the fact that I'm a teacher and am in graduate school and he is in school full time and works at a campus job (very hard by the way!). We're not rolling in it.

I talked to my sister-in-law, Alyson (who you will see in a lot of posts, because she is my BFF/partner in crime) and she suggested I ask for donations. I'm not big on hand outs. She said I'd be surprised at how many people would help. As usual, she was right!

I sent an e-mail to family and close friends and the response I got was wonderful! My first donation came from my sweet friend, Caroline. She sent me puzzles, school supplies, and a gift card for treasure box stuff from Oriental Trading. When I opened the box, I cried. People have donated tables, books, time, skills, and a whole bunch of money to my project.

Before I did anything, I had to write thank you notes to the wonderful people who have helped so far. Shout out to: Caroline and Nate, Aly and Chris, Matt and Jenny, Mark and Nicole, Ellen, Inga, Diane, my mom, my dad (in advance for letting me paint my tables in his garage), Passeys, Ashleigh, and Parker.
 
 
In addition to the donations, I've been working as a florist to earn some extra money. I do small gigs and help a florist with stuff on the weekends. All my flower money is going toward my classroom! Check out my flower blog at poppiesandpeoniesfloral.blogspot.com. You can also visit my florist friend's website! rlovefloral.com

No comments:

Post a Comment