1.07.2016

CureSMA Half Marathon Training


This little muscle man is Lincoln. He passed away in October from Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Click on this link to find more about SMA. Lincoln not only had SMA, but he had an awesome head of hair, a sweet smile, and chubby little arms and legs. He loved spending time with his dad and laughing at his jokes. His mom is an incredible mother that took him on exciting adventures and made wonderful memories.

His mom, Ashleigh, told me that she wanted to run a marathon every year in honor of Lincoln and to raise money for SMA research. In a time of compassion and desire to help, I volunteered to run with her. I don't regret the decision, but it's going to be hard! I haven't worked out seriously in probably 2 years. I had a baby 5 months ago and can't seem to stop laying on the couch and eating homemade bread.

That being said, I am really excited to train for and run the Chicago Half Marathon with Ashleigh! I have to start slow, though. I am doing a couch to 5k training schedule, first. I can't start the real half marathon training until I can run 3 miles comfortably. I can barely walk briskly for 20 minutes without wanting to stop.

Please follow my training progress on my blog and if you feel so inclined, donate to my fundraiser to raise money for CureSMA research! My goal is to raise $750.

Here are some pictures from my first "run" with my training partner. I jogged 60 seconds and walked 90 seconds for 20 minutes. I almost died!




4 comments:

  1. You go girl! We will donate! Lincoln lives on in your determination to raise funds for a cure for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Michelle! Take it slow and be diligent! If you stick to the training, you'll be able to do it much more easily than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, the Chicago half would be dreamy! You can do it, and the finish line will be very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, the Chicago half would be dreamy! You can do it, and the finish line will be very sweet!

    ReplyDelete