8.27.2015

New Classroom

I will be teaching 4th grade Reading in Brownfield, Texas this year. Right now I am on maternity leave for 4 1/2 more weeks (thank goodness!) but will start back at the end of September. Honestly, the last thing I want to do is leave my baby, but I also want to put a roof over my family's head, have food to eat, and have insurance. I am so proud of Parker and the program that he is in, so I am willing to make some sacrifices until he is done with school. Our end goal is for me to stay home with our kids without having accrued mountains of debt. Anyways, I had to set up my classroom and make 5 weeks worth of long term sub plans. It has been a crazy two weeks with a tiny newborn! Here are some pictures of my new classroom:






I am so glad that I was able to reuse all of my classroom furniture and things from my time at Carrollton Elementary! As much as I don't want to leave Porter, I do love to teach and am grateful that I can do what I love while I am away from the little man that I love.

The GREAT news is that we found an incredible woman (girl? She's my age, so I guess that makes her a woman...) to watch Porter while Parker and I are away. Her husband is a student at Tech and our life situations work together perfectly! She will be able to come to our house, which I am so excited about, because Porter will be able to be in his own environment. Ellie will also have some company, which isn't too bad, either! We are so lucky to have been connected with Heidi and her wonderful, sweet spirit and love for babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment