Recently, my awesome friend Ali nominated me for
This was the first I had heard about the award, but am still super excited she picked my blog! In the blogging world, it is an award for new bloggers who are just starting out. This award gets passed around by other bloggers who were nominated and they nominate other new bloggers. This helps getting the new blogs noticed. Pretty cool huh? Basically the purpose of the Liebster Award is to get blogs with less than 200 followers noticed.
Here are the Rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 Questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for the blogs you nominated.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen!
4. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog. It is an award (after-all) so show it off!
11 Questions from Ali at Dream Crafter
1. If you could marry any Disney Character, who would it be?
Easy. Shrek. He's hilarious, totally loves his woman, and looks really hot when he cleans up/when he's transformed into a prince. Also, he's super independent and owns a ton of his own land. Can you say independently wealthy??
2. In a street fight, who do you think would win? A honey badger or a bengal tiger? Why?
I honestly don't know what a honey badger or a bengal tiger are. My husband informed me this is a youtube thing, which I'm obviously out of the loop on. I'll vote badger, because badger's are thrifty.
3. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
I love watching The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I have seen every season (excluding two) and don't plan on missing any in the future. In college, my roommates and I would watch it together and eat "bachelor brownies", which were just brownies that we ate when we watched The Bachelor. The funny thing is, I can't remember anyone's name once the season ends, but am totally wrapped up in it while I'm watching.
4. If you had 100 dollars to spend at a thrift store, what is the first section you would run to and why?
Lingerie section. Just kidding! I would definitely make my way to the furniture. I love to redo furniture and give it a fresh coat of paint. Most of the furniture in my house is a DIY project.
5. If you could have the mind of someone famous, who would it be?
Honey Boo Boo… only because she is so carefree. Nothing gets that girl down!
6. What is your favorite quote from the Toy Story series?
Tuesday night's plastic corrosion awareness meeting, was I think, a big success. We'd like to thank Mr. Spell for putting that on for us. Thank you Mr. Spell
7. What is your favorite crayon color (that has a weird name)?
Cerulean is the prettiest blue in the world.
8. What is one thing you would collect if you had the space/money/time for?
Old Antique lanterns. I've started a small collection already. I've found most of them at an awesome flea market in Temple, Texas!
9. What is the last book you read?
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. I am a part of a book club and it was my month to choose the book! The Good Earth is a book I read in high school and love to read over and over again.
10. What is one of your biggest fears?
I am currently afraid of getting pregnant. My husband is still in school and I am the sugar mamma. When I have children (which I definitely want to have, someday) I want to stay home with them. I can't do that and be a sugar mamma!
11. Give three words that best represent your blog.
new, casual, and relatable
11 Random Facts about Me
1. I eat more ketchup than any woman, or man should. I eat it on all meat, most carbs, and a sprinkle of vegetables. Disgusting, I know.
2. When I was 12, my mom encouraged me to go on walks (I was putting on the pounds). I would walk to the gas station down the street, buy an ice cream cone, and walk home.
3. I teach 5th graders how important it is to read every day. I don't read every day.
4. When I leave the house and lock the door, I have to check the door knob to make sure it's locked. If I don't, or my husband doesn't, it'll bother me the rest of the day.
5. My grandpa had his own band and has recently passed away. I listen to his CD all the time.
6. I dream about living in NYC and being a fashion icon. I also realize that I hate traffic, love Wal Mart, and often look like I just crawled out of a garbage can.
7. I've signed up for multiple marathons with the intent to train for and run them. I have yet to run a marathon. (I have done a handful of 5k's and half marathons, though.)
8. I am going to be taking floral design classes this summer and hope to start a little flower business on the side.
9. I bite my nails.
10. I don't have any children of my own, but I love the kids I work with and often refer to them as my 23 children.
11. I really don't like thrift stores. They smell like pee.
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. Where do you find most of your clothes?
2. If money and time weren't an issue, where would you travel?
3. What makes you laugh?
4. Who do you admire?
5. If you could trade lives with one person for a day, who would it be and why?
6. What's your dream job?
7. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
8. What was something embarrassing that happened to you in high school?
9. Where did your family go on vacation when you were younger?
10. Are you living in an apartment, house, condo? What are the pros and cons of the area you live in?
11. What are three things you can't live without?
11 Blogs I Nominated
1. Blachard Life
2. All Because Two People Fell In Love
3. Texas Farmers Daughter
4. Life of a Med School Wife
5. Texas Mrs.
6. Texas Style and Substance
7. Style Me Pretty Texas
8. Texas Life
9. Sara in Texas
10. Pearl Clutching
11. The Love Triangle
I look forward to getting to know my nominees a little better through this awesome networking award!